introduction about temporary residence card and permanent residence cards

Temporary residence card

Foreigners with a work permit valid for one year or more, can be granted temporary residence cards (TRC). A TRC is issued by the immigration agency under the Ministry of Public Security, and is valid for one to five years depending on the type of visa.
TRC holders can enter and exit Vietnam without a visa. Processing usually takes five business days and costs vary from US $ 60 to US $ 100 depending on the validity of the card.
Persons eligible for temporary residence cards include members of the board of directors, members of the board of directors, directors of branch companies and representatives of representative offices of foreign enterprises in Vietnam.

Permanent residence cards

A foreigner with a legal residence can apply for a Permanent Resident Card (PRC); however, they are subject to the following conditions:
• Foreigners who have made meritorious contributions to the cause of building and defending the Fatherland of Vietnam have been awarded with a state medal or honor.
• Foreigners are scientists and experts who are temporarily staying in Vietnam.
• Foreigners are sponsored by their parents, spouse, and children who are Vietnamese citizens permanently residing in Vietnam.
• Stateless people have been staying in Vietnam continuously from 2000 and earlier
Processing usually takes five business days for a charge of US $ 100. A PRC owner can stay in Vietnam without a visa, however, the PRC must be renewed every 10 years.